Monday, July 29, 2013

Dante's Mathematical Inferno

This is my first reflection on the "How to Learn Math" free online course that I'm taking, and also kind of a "brain dump" on my struggle with some very common controversial current education issues.

This course has really affected me, even emotionally at a couple of points, and is giving me a stronger push to try to implement some really drastic changes in my classroom.

The bad thing though, is that it's made me wonder what level of "Math Teacher Hell" I deserve to be condemned to, after some of the "torturous injustices" I've subjected my students to in the past.

I'm going to break my internal debates into a few separate posts, just to keep things organized and to keep posts from getting too long.

Hopefully with this confessional, I can do some "penance" this year and eventually have my "math teacher sins" forgiven.

Actually, I'm hoping it will help my students learn more.

No comments:

Post a Comment